The inspirational educator, Rita Pierson, says that “Every child needs a champion!” She reminds us that, ‘‘no significant learning can occur without a significant relationship” and that ‘‘all learning is understanding relationships.”
In 2015 Lytton High School replaced ‘Form Classes’ with ‘Learning Advisories’ where every student has a teacher as their own champion. A teacher who is given significant time to…
- to guide the student with the setting and achieving of academic and non-academic goals.
- to lead the construction of their personalised Individual Education Plan.
- to support them in a holistic manner through their 5 years at Lytton.
- to guide their transition into high school and eventually their preparation for post high school.
- to be their champion and advocate.